Saturday 13 April 2013

Not the news

Controversy!! Delta lopped off her locks!  (read this link as proof!)

And this is news, this is what crashes a website (click on the link for the story).  Not groundbreaking science, art, music or world events.... a flipping haircut!! For crying out aloud, controversial? Since when exactly is a long bob a controversial hairdo?

I make no secret that I am no fan of Delta Goodrem but this post is not about her.  It is about something much much bigger than her. Values.

It is no wonder that I have spent this week with TV banned in my house.  The only noise that is to heard at my home is from the refrigerator, the filter in the fish tank (no fish, just turtles), cats playing & the dog lightly snoring. Bliss! When did we become a society THAT obsessed with the fickle?  I, for one, love to follow fashion and music updates, it is a guilty pleasure but a website crashing over a haircut? I wonder how many hits the news page received when good old Maggie Thatcher passed away earlier this week.

On perusing the "breaking news" tonight, thus far I have learned that Japan has had another earthquake, some billionaire was awarded US$12m re phoney vintage wine and Paul McCartney is still the UK's richest man - seriously! no shit Sherlock, the Mac is loaded? that is news???? some mega rich cunt just scored another sweet $12 million because he was a "victim" of fraudulent labels on a wine bottle!! No jokes, this is a statement from the awarded..  Koch said "he planned to use the $12 million to continue his crusade to clean up the wine auction industry, including, creating a website that highlights fake wines and who sells them." I'm so glad he is putting his funds to such an important cause! What the hell?

I hope the people of Japan are safe tonight. It was a 6.3, I cannot imagine how terrifying. Think in 1995, in the same area, a 7.2 quake killed 6,400 humans. Don't worry though because Delta got a haircut & some guy is making sure our vintage wines are labelled correctly!

No comments: