Monday 26 August 2013

Per ardua ad astra (through adversity to the stars)

When you were a kid and you would look to the stars and dream of the unimaginable.  Deep down, you kind of thought, that if you wished hard enough and for long enough that dream just might come true.  As adults, we learn that dreams don't just come true over night, we have to fight and struggle to reach the stars. Sometimes we fail. Sometimes we don't.
What did you dream of? 

I would dream of the all romantic. White horses, lots of books, open fires, love, cats, kids, friends, to write and dare I even admit it.... to meet Kylie Minogue! ha! Well, I have a white cat, lots of books, an open fire, three cats, my friends have beautiful children I can kidnap and adore as I please, amazing strong inspirational friends, I write here at Musings which is brilliant (but secretly, I do long for something more) oh and yeah... I met Kylie.  Love is a confusing and complex topic for a girl like me.  I have known and lost true love in my 39 years, more than once. Life is far from that fairy tale I imagined when I was younger but that doesn't make it any less rewarding.

Do you still dream? As an adult? Or did you leave that in your childhood?

I dream of something more all the time. I dream of a return to my beloved London. I dream of a new house without all the complexities that the current one inflicts upon me daily. I dream of love (if I am honest). I dream of being swept off my feet.  It's true! Your super cynical blogger longs for her prince charming. Sometimes. I dream of making something of my words. I dream of making a change, an impact. I dream to matter. And here I am, per ardua ad astra.

Today a very dear friend of mine is flying high with those stars that he would've wished upon as a kid. It hasn't been an easy road but he has always been true to his passion and now his best work will take him even higher. I couldn't be more proud and excited. These moments are rare and we need to treasure them. This one's for you baby. Xx


per ardua ad astra
in love we are strong
live by the mantra
in love we belong


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog post. Perfect! I do dream, still. I dream of having my own home, and this may sound funny, but I have a dream of a hall table. I want one so much, in my dream home. I used to dream, when I was little, of being a grown up, of being 21 years of age. Wow. I was far from grown up then. And even though it's many years since then, I don't see myself growing up. I've grown older. I dream of other stuff, it keeps me motivated. Bianca

belinda said...

Hi Bianca,
sorry it has taken me so long to reply
I love that you dream and I agree, it keeps you alive! :)
Xx